CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 8, 2013

WELCOME BACK September 4th - 6th

"First Day of school!" "First Day of School!" I think of Finding Nemo every time I say that. So on our first day of school we...


*took first day of school pictures (and got a little glare on the sign ). Normally I don't post pictures of the kids, but I couldn't resist.  And I think her Mom will be okay with it. 
*We read the book the "Kissing Hand", by Audrey Penn. Ask your child about Chester the raccoon and going to school. 



*We made "Kiss Me Pies" for our snack, pie dough cut into circles with a Hershey Kiss in the middle, then fold it up and pinch it at the top.  Bake and eat.  We had bananas, kiss me pies, apple juice and some goldfish for the non-banana lovers, and some goldfish for the hungry...which was all of them.
*We played outside and jumped on the trampoline and swung on the swings and released some energy.

*We worked on our "Get to Know My Class", book. Mostly Miss Heidi just asked questions and wrote whatever the children said.  This is a cute book that will be coming home for you to read with your child and then return on the next preschool day.  I think it is nice for you to put a face with a name, especially when you hear your child talking about their friends at preschool.  

On Friday, we celebrated Mr. S's 5th birthday.  He brought us such a fun snack that he colored all by himself.  His Mom also came and showed us a fun poster all about our friend Mr. S.  We love BiRtHdAyS!
*We read "A Pocket Full of Kisses", by Audrey Penn,  the sequel to the "Kissing Hand".
*We played outside
*We played inside
*We do a lot of playing these first few weeks while we are learning to sit again, and learning the routine.  
*We played name games and shared our brown sacks with our favorite things.  
*We also had a very special guest, Miss A's Mom, she played some name games with movement with us.  She teaches dance and will becoming this year to teach us movement/dance with books and stories.  We are so lucky!
*We also had our first circle time-which consists of; the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call, calendar, months of the year, feeding Peek-a-Boo (the turtle), weather, counting days, show & tell, and seasons.  Whew!
*We had a few minutes for some wiggle songs and fingerplays.

I am sure there is a bunch of other stuff I didn't tell you about, but I am trying to get back into the routine of taking pictures throughout our day too.  Next week, we will be learning the Letter A, its sound, uppercase/lowercase, the color red, all about Apples and a new thing this year sightwords.  Our sightword for next week is -----a.

Thanks for such a great first week, I love all of your compliments, I love all of you children, I love teaching them, and spending my time with them.  This is going to be a super-de-duper year!
-Miss Heidi




No comments:

Post a Comment